The BOOTCAMP, a BEACONS FOUNDATION Initiative, is a #arisenigeria platform for
- Empowering the Youths on the need to re-emphasize their Values, and re-evaluate their Principles,
- Through hardwork and right mentorship, and
- Inspiring them to true leadership.
The goal of this summit is to see a positive re-channeling and re-direction through a National Young people Interaction, (organized nationally and in pockets across the geo-political zones) featuring Interactive Discourse, Concretized Resolve and Pragmatic Actions. The Interactive sessions would be centered on Leadership, Values and Morals, Education, Mentorship, Career talks, Time Management, Etiquette, Social Responsibility, etc.
The BOOTCAMP is an important educational platform for stakeholders. It has as keynote speakers tested and trusted Role Models, Educational Consultants, Visionary Leaders, Entrepreneurs,, Business Icons and Moguls, Corporate CEO’s and Managers, Multi-national Corporation Directors, Philanthropists, etc.
BEACONS: The Community Service Club
Some children want to serve their communities. Their community service traits are often identifiable at an early age. Children want to help their world in some way. A variety of programs will help children tap into special altruistic qualities; programs that validate their capabilities and give them the confidence and power to contribute and give back to their communities. Children will get to feel the essence of community at the same time as they help people and are introduced to a new and exciting culture. They work on community service projects to help people of the country.
In some of the programs, the children:
- help to restore and build communities;
- volunteer at various not-for-profit organizations;
- also make new friends and get to travel and learn the culture of the area/other areas;
- are given time to explore and participate in activities appropriate to the location.
- may offer other extra-curricular activities such as swimming, mountaineering, music, and camping.
This is a wonderful experience for any teenager! These children get the chance to see a completely different world through the eyes the community, learn and understand the culture of the society in which they serve. The program provides perspective, positive reflection, and an experience that will stay with children throughout their lives.
The establishment of BEACONS across Nigerian schools is institutionalized in this conference. This national competition would feature submissions from levels of Primary to Secondary Schools.The best of these essays from the Primary and Secondary categories would be presented by the author of such essays at the exhibition.
VALUE ADDED BENEFITS
The Values of the Community Service Club project include:
- The building of character, morals and values amongst young school children;
- Empathy: children will learn to understand the needs of other people, and that it is possible for people to lead quality lives with limited material possessions;
- Individual creativity, improved participation in the economic, social and cultural roles in society;
- improved understanding of and respect for other individuals, thus promoting social cohesion and material understanding;
- improvement in health and nutrition;
- improved chances of economic development;
- improved technological development;
- socio‐cultural change;
- democracy and equality; and
- ecological development/quality of life (increasing people’s awareness of their environments).
Being part of this summit holds huge benefits; some of them include the following:
- High publicity avenue for your school/college through exhibitions and web coverage
- Interactive relations and discussions with other stakeholders
- Formed new relations with other key stakeholders
- Unequalled network alliance
- Appealing public image: as your school, if qualified for a star feature will significantly increase patronage as well as popularity amongst other institutions of learning
- An opportunity to meet role models and mentors of note
- An inclusion for listing as a school/college of repute in Nigeria
- An opportunity and platform to champion a move for a “new Nigeria” using the Community Service Club/Leadership Expo as wheels of change.